Why do you come to LUG?
- To see the things the lads are currently working on
- To enjoy discussing nerd and geek!
- I got recommended by someone my mum met, and thought I could find some like-minded others
- To hang out with other Linux nerds
- Socialising with like-minded people
- I come to LUG to learn tips / techniques from other professional computer blokes
What do you like about LUG
- beer, pizza, random discussions about tech and non-tech issues.
- Problem solving.
- Learning about Linux stuff I would not normally touch on.
- Meeting new people with similar interests.
- Helping people with their problems.
- Learning about the industry and ecosystem.
- Stories, jokes, etc
- Talking about, and listening to, others experiences with Linux and dev/coding.
- Its friendly.
What would you like to do/see more of at LUG?
- Some deep dive into subjects that would interest the group (+3)
- Short presentations (5-10 mins) (+2)
- Group projects / dev (+1)
- Coding challenges (+1)
- Hardware show & tell (+1)
- I haven't really had enough time to think but less swearing is the only thing I can squeeze out
- Maybe the occasional guest presentation
- Conference reports
- More programming related things: challenges, projects
- Presentations (kept to 40 mins or less)
- Cool things being done with program/apps not normally associated with those things